Cimarron Mountain Club
Cimarron Mountain Club (CMC) is entirely unique; a small club on a very big mountain including 1,750 private wilderness acres. While skiing is far from the whole story, it’s a big one with 1,640 vertical and more skiable terrain than Aspen Mountain. Activities include untracked, deep powder for days after a storm, snowshoeing, cross country skiing, fat tire biking, steam rooms, a pool and hot tub, fitness center, and boundless wilderness experiences. The summers are equally impressive and provide access to thousands of acres of private and public lands and wilderness, streams and rivers, including the Gold Medal Gunnison River, and 13 stocked ponds and a 20-acre mountain lake on property, a planned three-mile single track loop, and many more experiences brought to life by CMC’s Mountain Hosts.
Video and Cimarron Mountain Club website here
CMC will be shared by just 15 Members and their family and friends. This intimacy and the totality of experiences is what makes CMC so rare and special — the best of big mountain sports enjoyed in an intimate and natural setting. This is a completely private area where no one competes for powder or mountain bike trails. Here, the Club will operate on demand – with the ability to fire up a snowcat or side-by-side for any number of adventures, any time of day.
Detailed information and Fact Sheet
This unique and modern wilderness outpost will feature:
- Near limitless recreational activities, managed by the CMC Mountain Hosts.
- Wonder, adventure and if you choose – wilderness education – every day of every season.
- Access to thousands of acres of private lands, wilderness, streams and rivers, including the majestic and world-renown Gunnison Gorge.
- 1,000+ acres of private skiing terrain and another 1,000+ acres of terrain on adjacent public lands.
- 200 square miles of heli-skiing in the High San Juan Mountains with pickups directly at CMC.
- World-class fly fishing, big game hunting, trap shooting, and 13 stocked on-property ponds.
- A 20-acre mountain lake for fishing, canoeing, kayaking and stand-up paddle boarding.
- Miles of trails for cross country skiing, snowshoeing, fat tire e-bike riding, mountain biking, and hiking.
- Sledding/tubing hills in the winter.
- World-class rock climbing in the summer, with third party guides.
- 30 miles of groomed snowmobile trails deep into the adjacent National Forest and skirting the spectacular Uncompahgre Wilderness Area, with numerous peaks above 13,000 feet.
- Vibrant and carefully developed kids’ programs.
- Member-only accommodations in the CMC Lodge and Club Cabins.
- A culinary team inspired by locally harvested and sourced ingredients.
- Travel planning and property management services provided by the CMC Staff.
In short, CMC will be a year-round, welcomed retreat for the Members and their family and friends.
Ski territory and maps here
How to get here
CMC is tucked away in southwest Colorado’s San Juan Mountains, between Telluride and Crested Butte. Surrounded by undevelopable public and National Forest lands, and just south of the Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park, CMC is home to some of the most inspired wilderness experiences in the Country. While CMC feels incredibly remote, it’s just 45 minutes (10 minutes by helicopter) from the Montrose Airport, which offers private aircraft services and seasonal non-stop, commercial flights from Arizona, California, Georgia, Illinois, New York and Texas.
For more information please contact Brian O’Neill: